- 3Tbs. baking soda
- 3 Tbs. cornstarch
- 3Tbs. white vinegar
- 1 1/2 tsp. light corn syrup
- food coloring
- Mix together the baking soda and the corn starch.
- Add the vinegar. It will fizz up and bubble at this point. Just stir it and wait for the fizzing to stop.
- Once the fizzing subsides add the corn syrup.
- Divide the mixture into containers. I used a plastic egg carton for the birthday gift and empty baby food jars for Lily's set.
- Add the food coloring and stir to get the colors you want.
- Allow to dry. This will take anywhere from a couple of hours to a full 24 hours depending on how much paint is in the container.